Monday, November 19, 2007

Cornucopia of Stress

During this wonderful holiday season, I find myself bogged down with schoolwork. I absolutely can't wait for Thanksgiving break. It couldn't come at a better time. Due to my family's latest struggles, my Dad tells me that he and Mom aren't doing anything to commemorate the First Thanksgiving. Understandably, neither one is "up to" cooking a big feast for close relatives. Since this is the case, I'm maxxing and relaxing in Russellville, Arkansas for the fattest of all holidays. Coincidentally, all four of my roommates are doing the same. Steven, originally from Mississippi, has to work on the day before and the day after, so he's not going home. As for the Gillett Unit, their sisters and parents are coming into town on Saturday to celebrate a few days late. Even though 6000 Arkansas Tech students will be travelling home on Tuesday evening, I know of 4 that will be staying riiiiiiight here. What will I be doing, you ask? I'll tell you....in the form of a neat, bulleted list:


  • Cleaning the kitchen

  • Cleaning the living room

  • Cleaning the bathroom

  • Cleaning my bedroom

  • Drinking periodically

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

well it sounds as if you've already got it all planned out, but you know you're always more than welcome to a haney thanksgiving up in mtn. heezy. xoxoxo

melissa said...

mike mike mike, enjoy your thanksgiving. and the above mentioned invite to any haney holiday bears repeating... just fyi. love you, bug.

a mouthy irish woman? ridiculous! said...

there is a place at my table.