Tuesday, July 31, 2007

Stay tuned for the following breaking news...

CANNONBALL! What? No.....I get to work on Campus this fall! In the Health and Physical Education Building no less! I know it doesn't really matter too much to you readers, but it means TONS to me. First, it means I get to tell the wonderful upper management at Brick Oven to shove it in several different orifices. Second, it means that I won't really have to leave campus for work. Third (and probably most importantly), I can work in shorts and a sleeveless shirt. I'm just a bit fired up about it. Ok, a LOT fired up.

Secondly, my girl, Alexis, is getting back into town today from a summer in Las Vegas. It's gonna be good times and great oldies when she gets here. Her long awaited arrival will be celebrated by 500 hugs from meeeeeeeeee.


Lastly, I would like to note that I frequent the post secret blog, and since Earth Mama referenced the orgasm postcard (which I agree with), I'm gonna reference one that hit really, really close to home for me. This little guy:


I feel like I could easily have sent this one to the nice folks at post secret. The message is simple, but the picture, the font, the colors, the roses...all of it is dead on. I'm gonna go sulk now.

"Have you ever fallen out of love?//Your feelings just disappeared//But it's yourself you're thinkin of//And so still you kept them near//Have you ever been untrue?//Even though you knew right from wrong//But the coward in you//Just kept them hanging on?"

5 comments:

a mouthy irish woman? ridiculous! said...

the truest respect you can ever pay yourself or anyone else? is honesty.

and if i might liken it to ripping off a band-aide, as i have experience with that, it DOES hurt for a while, but heals with time.

show her the respect she deserves. treat yourself to a heaping plateful too.

Anonymous said...

hey i'm soooo glad to hear about your new job. that sounds awesome. stick it to the man. fight the power. okay, that's all i got. congrats big guy!!

melissa said...

mike mike mike you know both my feelings on your situation and on ms. dynamite (i almost cried when i saw that you quoted her, i love her that much). baby misses you. dock night bitches. DOCK NIGHT BITCHES. congrats on the job whodey. keep ya head up.

melissa said...

p.s. that jenn in your last post's comments is not the jenn from my blog, it's the jenn from ho ho's. get a grip, sucka.

Big Mike said...

I hate ending my posts on a negative note because all the comments are all sad. Except for Meg. I can always count on her to be cheery.