Thursday, March 12, 2009

Clarification

There has been some questions about my label choice on the last post. Here's where i got it and why I chose it: "Swagger Like Us." If you listen to it, a young man named Kanye West dropped the lyric, "How's it feel to wake up to be the shit AND the urine." I believe that he's trying to say that with his recent success, he has risen to levels higher than simply being "The Shit." To be witty and funny, he chose the line featured above. After beating ass in Mississippi, I felt like, all the sudden, we were/are the shit AND the urine.



And yes, we get to go to Raleigh, NC for nationals at NC State.

Famous Alumni include:

Senator John Edwards
Coach Bill Cowher
Comedian and Beard Enthusiast Zack Galifianakis

4 comments:

Megan said...

glad you cleared up the label business. and SUPER glad you get to go kick ass in north carolina. come on and raise up, take your shirt off, twist it 'round your head just like a helicopter. NORTH CAROLINAAAAAAAAAA.

melissa said...

re: the label --- i don't guess i've heard that part of the song. i just wanted to be sure it was as big a broad-shouldered declaration of one's badassness before i started using it. i don't feel condescended, if that is indeed a word. :)

re: the above comment --- alls i have to say is WHO AM I? PETEY PABLO, MUTHAFUCKAAAAAAAA.

melissa said...

also, the pic of jay and yeezy makes me girly parts tingle.

melissa said...

also, i clearly meant "my" girly parts and not "me" girly parts. just getting a jump start on st. patty's day, you know.