Thursday, September 13, 2007

Bye Bye, Birdie...Bring it on, Beeyotches.

The most important part of my day came at 11 a.m. this morning. That was the exact moment that I put Alexis on the volleyball bus and shipped her off to Huntsville, Alabama to watch her teammates play in a tournament this weekend. It felt (as i imagine) like sending your child off to his/her first day of Kindergarten. I know that I'm not gonna be there to take care of her. I also know that she is as independent as I am, and almost as stubborn. This, coupled with the fact that some of her teammates could win the Most Dim-Witted Person on the Planet Award, makes me a rittre uneasy. She'll be back Saturday night. Until then, I'm picturing one of her friends bumping her right off her crutches. If that happens, I'll be in jail for homicide.

The second-most important part of today (for me) doesn't come until 6:30 p.m. That is the starting time of my Intramural Sand Volleyball Championship Match. I wish I could say that I'm focused on playing well, strategies, and whatnot, but I'm pretty much just thinking about what color my "Intramural Champions" shirt is gonna be. We breezed our way through the regular season, completely dominated the Elite Tournament, and are going to destroy the poor saps that play us in the University-Wide Championship. "Ahh, the clumsy adolescents. Not me though, I land on all fours."

4 comments:

melissa said...

the proudest fall the hardest mike. check yourself. don't worry about alexis; i'm sure she'll be just fine without big mike for a day or two. : )
p.s. i would get a championship t-shirt in your signature color... light pink. DO IT!

a mouthy irish woman? ridiculous! said...

YAY! big mike is back! throw sand in their faces, then go for the winning spike!!!! is spike right?
TOUCHDOWN!!!!!!!!!!

Anonymous said...

ok so it's 727 am on friday and i really don't want to be at work and i'm thinking to myself, "if only i could get a sign that this was going to be a good day or a bad day." and then i saw thundercats HOOOOOOOO and decided it would be a good one. god bless you big red. xoxoxox

Anonymous said...

update. 3......2.....1....GO!!