Tuesday, April 28, 2009

Came Up Short

After a looooooooong weekend in North Carolina, I regret to inform you that I am NOT a National Champion. As it turns out, there's only one winner, and we lost. Out of the 40 teams that were there, we finished 4th. An admirable finish, you say? Sure. Except for the fact that we had a legitimate chance of winning the whole she-bang-a-bang. There was only one team that was definitively better than us, and we didn't even get a chance to play them. Oh well, right?

We got to visit the Duke and UNC campuses. If you don't already know, I am a HUGE Duke Blue Devil fan, so the sight-seeing was the highlight of the trip for me. We shopped the Duke bookstore and bought several pieces of Duke apparel. Among the unreal parts of the trip: We got into Cameron Indoor Stadium (where Duke plays their games.) I walked on Coach K Court. I hung from the actual rims that they play on. I randomly ran into Duke Players Jon Scheyer, Greg Paulus, and Brian Zoubeck in the halls of Cameron. I got a picture with Greg Paulus. It was awesome. As for UNC's campus, their basketball arena was closed for renovations. I did, however, get to go through their basketball hall of fame museum. Yes, I was 6 inches away from Michael Jordan's UNC sneakers.

All in all, it was a good trip. Yeah, it sucks that we lost, but we gave it a good run. I had a sweet trip, good times, tons of laughs, and great memories. I'll post some pics when I get them developed.

PS: Dear Tall, Skinny Waitress from NC State Sports Bar,

No, I don't have a girlfriend. Yes, I am tall and relatively muscular. Yes, I feel awkward when you touch my shoulders too many times. Yes, I won trivia. Yes, I am smarter than you. No, I will not call you. No, I will not text you. Yes, you should eat something, Ms. Skinny. Peace out.

4 comments:

Megan said...

you DO hate skinny girls. i knew it.

Megan said...

ps--i also meant to say congratulations.

melissa said...

OMG MIKE! 4th place in the whole country?!? that's nothing to turn your nose up at! congratulations, homeboy. :)

Megan said...

time to update.